Almost daily diary!

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Looking forward and not back

The future, such a slippery thing yet, it continues to flow undisturbed through time and with it we flow too, not knowing what it holds. We have hope and dreams, sometimes, and sometimes we are so afraid to voice them, even to ourselves, that we appear to chose unconsciously; or do you believe in fate?

But once the goal is named, how I want to race towards it at full speed; reckless, or so I'm told. But somethings have to wait and in the meantime I worry that the goal may never be reached - apocalyptic scenarios play in my head and separate me from the final point - though that point in itself is a new beginning. I am working towards positive thinking, it doesn't come easy but we are all making plans and slowly, very, very slowly (I hope - for I still cannot write this with entire certainty in case it some how it puts a curse on the future) as we make tentative plans, everything slowly becomes to feel a tiny bit more possible. All it takes is trust and a willingness to be vulnerable.

If things go to plan it may be the escape from suburbia I have always dreamed of since writing here.

4 comments:

Maggie May said...

Good to see another post. I've been wondering.......
Hoping things go to plan. We do have to make ourselves vulnerable unless we go it alone.....
Here's to the future.
I'm living very much in the present.
Maggie x

Rose said...

So good to see you posting again! I hope whatever your goal is that it all works out just as you had hoped. Making changes can be scary, but it's worth it to go after your dream!

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Wishing you all the very best, I'd love to escape from suburbia too x

Furtheron said...

Oh how I can relate to this....