Almost daily diary!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Just a little bit of magic under the tree.

My grandfather, on my mothers side, was a Watchmaker all his life. He made jewelry for his loved ones too.

This year, under my Christmas tree, is a very small little parcel. Attached to the Very Small Box is a Large Gift Tag which says "To My Lovely Daughter, All My Love Mum x"

I think I know what is inside! The box is small enough to contain something which was made for my mother, a ring made lovingly by my grandad, her father, many years ago. It does not fit her any more and she offered it to me recently, but I couldn't take it from her. I hope that is what is inside. It will go together with some earrings that I have in safe keeping, which belonged to my grandmother............ I wonder.

Tall Girl and I lay down near the tree tonight and sifted through the brightly coloured packages. She was happy, I was enjoying her company. It was a special moment to remember.
There is still just a little bit of magic under the tree.


11 comments:

Maggie May said...

Nothing like a mother & daughter relationship! Mine is here and it is good!
Hope it is what you want! You remember you thought it might be leopard skin ages ago!
Merry Christmas.(again)

Wuthering said...

It's snowing! Merry Christmas Suburbia!

BS5 Blogger said...

Delightful, and Happy Christmas to you.

Ear rings sound as they they are safely and trustingly kept! I hope the gifts and jewellery all match up soon.

Brett said...

Happy xmas

Kitty said...

I had a lovely cuddle with my girl today, and a long girlie chat about 'stuff'. It's fab, isn't it?

I hope you got your ring! x

Elizabeth said...

The story about tall girl and Santa is wonderful.
Fancy being glad Father Christmas isn't real.....
Sadly, I don't think I ever believed in him.
Our daughter arrives from England tonight.
Happy Boxing Day.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you and tall girl looking through the presents under the tree. I do hope you got what you wished for from your mum. You so deserve it honey.

Hulla
xx

Mean Mom said...

Sounds like it was a good decision to let your daughter know about Father Christmas. I'm amazed that none of her schoolfriends had enlightened her.

I hope that you were right about your present under the tree, today and that you and your family had a good day.

Letty - A Little Girl With A Curl said...

I hope all your Christmas wishes came true and the small box revealed its beauty to you.

Letty ;0)

MissKris said...

The added bonus of the magic of Christmas at our house was seeing it thru our 2-year-old grandson's eyes Christmas Eve. Sounds like you had a very blessed Christmas of your own, too, Suburbia.

Liz Hinds said...

No leopardskin jim-jams?