Almost daily diary!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dressed for all occasions!

I picked Tall Girl up last Sunday from her Dads, to go to the christening. She is wearing a lovely dress which we bought together last year. She has on some suitable shoes and decent tights, she looks grown up. She has some mascara on, but not too much and her hair is straight and glossy.

We get into the car.

'You look lovely' I say as we pull out of the drive
'I've got my shorts on underneath' She exclaims
I give her and odd look and she pulls up her dress to prove it, black tights and denim shorts, with a pretty dress over the top.
'Why the shorts?' I grin
'Well you said it would be cold in church, and I though if we broke down or had and accident, it would be better to have shorts on as well'!

I guess you can never be too sure of how the day will proceed!


11 comments:

Miss Sadie said...

What a practical young lady.

Rather like a gent who wears both belt and suspenders.

Can't be too prepared for any eventualities.

Valerie said...

The young can get away with it but all in all she sounds a sensible lass.

Steve said...

That girl will go far!

My Walkabout said...

You can always count on children to prepare for the unknown.

Maggie May said...

I believe in plenty of layers! LOL!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

nick said...

Eminently sensible. That girl has a good head on her shoulders.

Furtheron said...

I don't go near conversations about clothes with my daughter now... it just isn't worth the confusion that rains down on me

Carol said...

Now that is a girl after my own heart!! I remember going somewhere with my Mum years ago and she thought I looked really nice till she got to my feet. I never did see the point in wearing shoes that hurt so I would wear what-ever it was that she had told me to along with my big stompy black boots....became a bit of a trade mark :-)

C x

Chic Mama said...

I've just caught up on your posts, sorry I've been a terrible reader lately.
So glad you got the paperwork signed, I'm convinced though that the Judges are in on stringing things out for the lawyers.
It is nearly six months now since I went to court for a final hearing, and the Judge is still deliberating!!
I hope you get the house sitaution sorted out, thinking of you. X

Liz Hinds said...

And knowing her anxiety about wind she might have been concerned that it might be windy and her skirt be blown up and her knickers revealed.

Casdok said...

I like the way she thinks!!