Almost daily diary!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

A new sort of Suburbia

After over 2 years, I have reached the end of the tunnel, I think, I hope. I was not sure I'd ever make it. Today I picked up the keys to our new house. Today it is officially mine. It feels strange, almost an anticlimax, so long in the planning, yet all of a sudden it came before I was ready.

We are not moving in for 10 days yet, I can't wait to make it home. Yet we have been so happy in our rented house, it is going to be difficult to match.

A new phase. How on earth did I get here? I really don't recall.




11 comments:

nick said...

Congratulations! I hope you're very happy in your new house. I'm sure you'll make it into a wonderful home - with the help of your two young accomplices....

Maggie May said...

Dying to know where it is. Maybe you could email me!
Wishing you every happiness wherever it is!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

xxx said...

Well done!

Steve said...

Congratulations. I am so pleased for you all.

Working Mum said...

Congratulations. Wishing you every happiness in your new home. WM x

BS5 Blogger said...

Perseverance, loveliness and a kind soul, I think. That's how x

Kitty said...

I wish you and the kids every happiness there. You will be happy, I'm sure. Lots of love, xxx

Rose said...

Congratulations on your new home! May this be the start of a new and exciting beginning in your life, Suburbia.

Liz Hinds said...

And it doesn't seem that long ago this was still a maybe-one-day dream. Be very happy in your new family home. x

Furtheron said...

Brilliant...

I know it'll soon be home

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Congratulations :) Sorry not to have commented before, but reading this is so like reading my own story, it was scary and unsettling. It can take a while to feel comfortable in the new house, but I'm sure it will feel like home soon for all of you xx