Almost daily diary!

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Holidays

This is the little cottage in Cornwall where we shall be staying for our holiday from tomorrow. This photo was taken when we stayed there last Easter.
Two whole weeks without a computer or a TV. How will I manage? It will be like living in the stoneage! Hopefully the weather will be fine and the sand will be hot. I might get time to paint and read as well as enjoy being with the children (instead of just clearing up after them!!)

Other news:

The greenhouse is finished. Yippee!(and it's nowhere near Christmas yet! Photos to follow)

The rabbit has been to the emergency vet which costs £110 before treatment. I can't repeat husbands utterance on receipt of this information!

We have spent the day at the Harbourside Festival, which was brilliant, and it didn't rain.

I was just happily blogging, one handed, whilst dunking a Cadbury's chocolate biscuit (the last one in the tin) and it fell in (my biscuit not my hand!). Don't you just hate it when that happens? By the time I had sworn a bit and juggled it to the kitchen for a spoon it was too far gone to enjoy. Just my luck!

Anyway have a great few weeks of blogging. Can't wait to see you when I'm back. Bye!


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Take lots of pictures!

Liz Hinds said...

Have a wonderful time.

Did I tell you that I tried your trick of biting the ends off choc fingers and slurping tea through them? It took me 3 packets to perfect it.

WE'll miss you!

Oh, look my verifier says
welovcb
which could translate as
we love sub(urbia)! I really must get out more.

Dori said...

Sorry, didn't hear a word you said after "Cadbury's". :D

Enjoy your charming cottage by the sea!

Elizabeth said...

Enjoy your hols without computer!
It will be very pleasant after the initial shock wears off!
Cornish beaches are bliss - but the south shore a bit chilly.

swilek said...

have a great holiday! cornwall is the next place on my list to go when i come back to the uk...i hear it is fabulous and do love that cottage! i fell in love with cornwall while reading rosmude pilcher books!!!trust you will have a great time no matter what the weather!!!

MissKris said...

Oooooh...holiday! Have a great time! Whenever I hear "Cornwall" I think of Rosamunde Pilcher's "Shell Seekers", one of my all time favorite books.

BS5 Blogger said...

Hello, I was at the Harbourside festival too, and actually walked behind a woman with a happy little chap just near the bridge with the horns in the middle; I thought at the time' that could be Sub'!'

Cottage looks idyllic.

Akelamalu said...

Hope you have a great holiday. I just got back on Thursday.

You should take notice of Peter Kay - according to him Hobnobs are the best biscuits for dunking! :)

Dragonstar said...

Have a great time away! When you get back, pop on over and pick up an award here

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Have a great time. The cottage looks perfect. We've had our holidays so feeling jealous! Toodlepip.

Rose said...

You probably won't see this till you get back, but hope you have a great holiday! Two weeks in Cornwall sounds like heaven to me.

Elsie Button said...

have a great holiday!

Wuthering said...

The cottage sounds lovely. enjoy!

Working Mum said...

A week without a computer sounds very healthy to me; I'm doing it soon!

Have a great time!

blogthatmama said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous, have a great holiday and don't clear up after them too much!

ChrisB said...

I love Cornwall and that cottage, from what we can see looks beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

I have given you an award!
You can pick it up at The House in Marrakesh.
Hope Cornwall is wonderful.
Eat lots of clotted cream for me........!

this is my patch said...

I like dunking biscuits, but always feel quite sick when I see the sludge in the bottom of the mug! Have a great break away and just think of all that new blog material you will have for when you return. x

Suzysoo said...

Hi Suburbia (when you're home),

Just writing to apologise for the Cornish weather. It has been so crap I can't beleive it.

Hope you all had a good rest and relax anyway despite the rain. xx

Suzysoo said...

Yep, and it always happens when it's the last teabag/drop of milk/spoonful of sugar!!

Maggie May said...

Have a great time!

mrsnesbitt said...

Have a great time. See you when you return...with the photos! LOL!

Jules said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time and don't go through withdrawal. Looking forward to LOTS of pics!