Almost daily diary!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Ouch!

In the last 24 hours I've: Broken 2 glasses, dropped a whole bowl of muesli on the kitchen floor, and pulled something in my back. The first couple of things were annoying, the last excruciating.

I've had an ache in my upper back for a few days. Nothing that painkillers couldn't cope with but Husband kept nagging me to go to the osteopath. You need a second mortgage to go there so I ignored it until lunchtime today. I was happily coping on my two Nurofen when the phone rang. Small Sprog and Tall Girl were in the kitchen making mini pizzas. I reached for the phone and it was Husband calling to see (nag me) if I'd made an appointment for my back yet. As I was speaking to him, phone in one hand, I bent down to open the oven with the other. That's when it happened! I must have twisted awkwardly because an excruciating pain hit my lower back and burnt it's way through my spine. I put the phone down quickly and tried not to move. It would have been funny if it hadn't been so painful! I thought I was stuck like that, like they do on comedy films, but I did manage to straighten up eventually.

The children were very concerned and did all the clearing up jobs that needed to be done (I must look helpless more often!). And do you know all I could think? Damn Husband!! If he hadn't phoned just then I wouldn't be in this state!!

Luckily the osteopath fitted me in. That hurt to, both in my back and in my purse. I have to go back next Tuesday for more treatment. It hurts but you know it will help in the end!

So there you have it! I'm walking about like something decrepit. And all I wanted to say was, sorry I can't visit you all at the moment but I can't sit, stand or do anything for long, even on painkillers. So bye for now. Hope to be 'back' in circulation soon.

18 comments:

Saz said...

oh poor you...l hope it lessens soon, l hav my back aches and you are right its excrutiatingly painful....to type sitting on a hard chaire are you...sleeping on the floor... ?

I alsways feel l need to hang from something, not like with a noose round the neck, though often feels like l should, but seriously, a hnag doe sstretch it out,t hough you are too far gone l expect to even reach up...
poor you..
take care..

saz x

BS5 Blogger said...

Hui Sub', here's thoughtful thoughts to you. Be 'back' soon

:-O

BS5 x

Wuthering said...

ohhh that can be rough! i had a subluxation in c-1, c-2, & c-6, c-7! so, i have literally felt your pain!!

good luck! it will get better. yet, it does take a while. so, keep your spirits up and if you want someone to chat with, pass me a note and i won't publish it on my blog.

take care!

Dori said...

Ha ha..."back" in circulation soon. That was good! Glad to see you still can manage humor! Feel better!

Maggie May said...

Suburbia, I am so sorry that you have this awful problem. I have suffered with back problems for a good while & the chiropractor that maintains my back at three monthly intervals, is SO expensive.
Look after yourself & hope you will soon feel completely back to normal. X

Lynn said...

ouch!! get well soon xx

Rose said...

Back problems are no fun! Hopefully it's nothing serious that will clear up with time and some proper treatment.

Take care of yourself! (And maybe Hubby and the children will take over the housework for you:)

Anonymous said...

Oooo, sounds mighty painful!
Thoughts to you, hoping that you get back on your feet soon!

Take care,
Peter x

Akelamalu said...

Having 'suffered' with a bad back in the past I can empathise with you. :(

Hadriana's Treasures said...

Hope it can be sorted out soon enough for you! Good luck!

Working Mum said...

Feel for you. I had a back problem with pains shooting through my hips and down my legs. The good old NHS did an x-ray and said it couldn't be fixed and I had to put up with it for the rest of my life. Good old BUPA did an MR scan and fixed it with 12 weeks of physio. Don't give up!

Tim Atkinson said...

Do as they say and it will be worth all the money. (And no, I'm not an osteopath!)

Elizabeth said...

Poor you!
This is miserable - hope things are improving a little?
Sending all good wishes your way.......

Liz Hinds said...

Oh you poor thing! I hope husband is suitably chastened and buying you chocolate. Lots of it.

Hope the osteopath earns his money. Is he young and good-looking? Or is that too hopeful?

scargosun said...

OMG! I hope you feel better soon! Back pain is so awful. :( I am so glad the kiddies were able to help.

cheshire wife said...

Sorry to hear about your back problem. I hope that by now it is beginning to improve.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I so know how you feel, take it easy, and no lifting.

Gill in Canada

Barbara said...

Oh Ouch - I've been there and done that so you have my sympathy, I hope it has settled down.