Almost daily diary!

Friday, May 29, 2009

Just another day

Today I should be feeling better but I'm not. The weekend feels like it was a distant dream, I was carried away by it all, the loveliness of it and the contentment. Instead I have a little dark place in my heart and it keeps making me cry.

So here are some blessings to count, indulge me if you will as I must have counted them before;

Two beautiful healthy children who love me.
A mother who would do anything within her power to help me.
The possibility of working more hours in September in order to be able to support us.
It is a beautiful day outside.

There must be more things but I am having trouble thinking of them.

This afternoon Tall Girls best friend and sister are coming over for a sleepover. I am bracing myself, although the four of them get on well and are never any trouble. The major plus side of this event is that Tall Girl has had to clean up her room. There was barely floor space for one extra body in there let alone three! She has done a great job and hoovered too. If only I'd known weeks ago that to get her to clean up would be so easy!


12 comments:

Stephanie said...

HI there. I just started reading your blog and couldn't stop. I don't even know what to say other then you do write your emotions down beautifully and I hope that helps. You sound like a strong beautiful woman and I wish you well!
Take care of you...from one Mom to another.

Maggie May said...

Aw......... it is difficult for you.

I went off on my own today and the feeling was sheer bliss So I can understand how it must be for you being so unhappy and trapped at home..
Wise of you to count your blessings though. And your blessings are really good ones. Much to be thankful for.
I am trying to be positive for you!

Anonymous said...

{{{Suburbia}}}}

Steve said...

Always cling onto the good things - they're your rock in times of need.

Rosaria Williams said...

Count our blessings, and count all the people who're on our team. Then, list your assets, and be sure to have a running account of where your money goes.

No. You don't need another mother. You need time to breathe and process; then, love yourself silly and buy a bunch of potted plants to cheer you up.

Eternal Worrier said...

Ouch... the sleep over. The last time I had my youngest over with friends they were still talking to each other at 4am. And lots of giggling, LoL.

Anonymous said...

You've got a good head on your shoulders, Suburbia, and without doubt, a wonderful heart. You WILL be OK and you'll make your way through to easier times. It's just all part of the Journey. When I went through all this guano about ten years ago, I was all over the shop...highs, lows, tears (oh indeedy) and laughter. You'll find yourself some balance one day and HOW you will sing ! You know, each day you get closer to better times.....Lots of love, from a stranger x

Elizabeth said...

I sort of enjoyed the sleepovers.
Mostly my daughter had them for birthday parties.
We once had 8 blondies staying and there was a huge thunderstorm and flood in the night and we took the girls out to see the road all covered in water.

The African woman who ran the local deli looked at me and said"Are they all yours?"
Hope the girls have a super time. (you too)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sub,

Sometimes it's difficult to remember what things are good in our life, what we are blessed with. However, you have so many things to be blessed with, and as people say....these hard times will pass.

Sending love to you and yours...

Peter x

Furtheron said...

we had one of my daughters friends for a sleep over in the week but frankly she is so quiet and well behaved you hardly knew they were here!

A Modern Mother said...

That sounds like a lot to be thankful for. I would be ovewr the moon with room cleaning too. I'll have to try that.

PS -- Highlightingyour blog on BMB this week.

Anonymous said...

Look after yourself, you deserve some happiness too,

GG