Almost daily diary!

Saturday, July 28, 2018

I shouldn't really be here...

I should be writing my 'theoretical framework' for my case study. I'm bored and to be honest a bit confused, so I'm here instead to see if anyone is about who wants to come out to play?

I used to love this place to find playmates and lose myself in a different time continuum that is the internet but it's not quite the same any more is it?

Anyway, what I do know is I have a block, both with the essay and all the things I really 'should' be doing. For goodness sake I could be moving house in a few weeks time! Can someone disconnect me please so I can get on with packing boxes?

Goes off muttering something about 'mercury in retrograde'...

4 comments:

Oxfordshire said...

Pack while it is less hot! Today I am actually trying to hang up some clothes properly rather than just draping them on convenient chairs etc😎

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

There was a time when we knew more about each other's journeys but social media has made us masters of snippets with no real substance. We can only read between the lines of cryptic updates or wonder why they don't post things at all.
I've gone through the "share all" stage down to "rarely post" and reveal very little anywhere - but I think its part and parcel of life's journey and forcing anything different is probably not the right thing to do. I think we all miss the connection we had when old-school blogging and I'm a bit tired of the trivia and constant stream of nothing from other social media platforms. On the plus side, I'm fine and actually, have very little to write about. I could talk about a fairly hectic social life with other women of a certain life stage - ie single, older, content, but I also feel the more I put on blogs, the easier it is for people I know to see what I am up to while I get nothing back from them or perhaps its really that I am not interested in revealing myself to them anymore - I have learned that not all people are nice and I'm not a trusting, open puppy personality anymore ....more self sufficient, accepting of myself.

I hope your journey of self-discovery continues and your studies go well.....

Suburbia said...

Lovely to hear from you Fi. Yes, the changes are exactly as you say. I’m so happy you have found contentment x

Suburbia said...

Thanks for the prompt! And where’s the heat gone now?!