Almost daily diary!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Small Sprog and a meme

I was giving Small Sprog a bedtime hug tonight and he didn't want me to let him go.
"I'll stay another few minutes" I said "But it's late and you need to sleep"
"Not just a few more minutes" He protested "Ten thousand hours"
There was a short silence while he thought about what he had just said ....... "Actually" He went on " I think I might be a bit bored by then"
How sweet, at least I know where I stand!

I've been tagged by Half Mum Half Biscuit (what a great blog name? I'm sure there have been times when I have been more biscuit than mummy!) I think I may have done something like it a long time ago so sorry if it seems familiar. Here goes....

Here are the rules:

1. Mention the person who tagged you 


2. Complete the lists of 8s 


3. Tag 8 other bloggers and let them know

8 Things I'm looking forward to:

1. This weekend.

2. The school holidays.

3. Being in control of my own life.

4. Some child free time (as much as I love the school holidays)

5. Finding a fulfilling job.

6.Watching my children grow and thrive.

7. Finding myself.

8. Being content.

8 Things I did yesterday:

1. Started to construct my CV.

2. Applied for a job.

3. Ate lunch at breakfast time.

4. Laughed.

5. Drove to the train station.

6. Kissed goodbye.

7. Ate chocolate.

8. Slept peacefully.

8 Things I wish I could do:

1. Spell

2. Swim properly, not just downwards.

3. Get through my divorce without causing hurt and pain.

4. Come out the other end (soon) feeling it was all worth it.

5. Time travel.

6. Write a best seller.

7. Be better at playing with my children.

8. Earn a living doing something I love.

8 My favourite fruits:

1. Cherries

2. Strawberries

3. Raspberries

4. Peaches

5. Mango

6. Blackberries

7. Lychee's

8. My Children

8 Places I'd like to travel:

1. Anywhere instantly (like the original Tomorrow People, do you remember them?)

2. To the future.

3. To the past.

4. To the countryside.

5. To the sea.

6. To bed.

7. To see my Granny.

8. And back again........

8 Places I've lived:

1. Cheltenham

2. Bristol

3. The dog house.

4. Planet Loon!

5.Cloud Nine.

6. The depths of despair.

7. On top of the world.

8. In my minds eye.

8 People tagged:

Now this is where it all falls down a bit! I find it hard to choose 8 so please be tagged if you feel like it, it's all up to you now...........


17 comments:

cycling through vietnam: my cancer diary said...

I wondered how you got it written so quick! Nice though to extend an open invite. Yes, me too want to earn a living doing something I love and believe in, without compromising my role as a parent...was wondering about starting a 'group' on British Mummy Bloggers for 'co-mentors' - mum's pep talking each other into finding fulfilling employment, or rather realising their mad-cap schemes to make a mint...there are only so many hours in the day tho.

cycling through vietnam: my cancer diary said...

p.s Loved Small Sprogs words - out of the mouths of babes!

Rosaria Williams said...

Loved the places you have been.

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Hi, found my way here from Cheshire Wife's blog. Sorry to read about your divorce woes. been there too and can completely relate to how you are feeling. It is such a nightmare to get through. You sound like you are trying hard to be upbeat though.

Nice blog, and I'll be back.

BS5 Blogger said...

Were you first minister oh Planet Loon?

:)

Suburbia said...

BS5, no, that was you, remember?! Glad to see you joined in too :)

Hi MOB and welcome, hope you call again soon.

Lakeviewer, have you been there too?

Half Mum....not enough hours in the day! Thanks so much for the meme, it was fun :)

Carol said...

hahaha, at least it would take ten thousand hours before he got bored!!

Love your answers to the meme....putting your children under favourite fruits really made me laugh :-). I might pinch this meme....

C x

Liz Hinds said...

Do you know I feel a bit like small sprog when I contemplate eternity praising God. 'Won't that get a bit boring?'

Bless him.

Rose said...

Small Sprog is growing up:) Give him a big hug for me.

From the list of things you did yesterday, it sounds like you had a good day; a day with chocolate and laughter has to be a good day!

Letty said...

I hate doing memes, I do my best to avoid them, although I love reading other peoples'!!

I hope your dreams come true anyways!

Letty ;0D

scargosun said...

Happt belated birthday. I haev missed SS's little phrases. 10K hours indeed!

Reasons said...

That's one of the best memes I've read.

Steve said...

My young 'un always calls me back for a second hug at bedtime... one just isn't enough. I'm always pleased to give it knowing that as he gets older the hugs will get less while my need for them will get secretly deeper...

Eternal Worrier said...

I’m so gonna use the expression “Ten thousand hours" at some stage this week, Lol.

nick said...

So did you eat your breakfast at lunchtime? And I bet you ate chocolate more than once....

Suburbia said...

Nick, yes to both!

EW, through boredom I presume?!

Steve, yes, I feel that way too, I will always need him more.

Thanks Reasons

Nice to have you back Scargosun

Thanks Letty

Rose it was a particularly good morning!

Liz, far too long!

Carol, I was going to put 'fruit of my loins' but it didn't feel quite right to do so!!!!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

OHMIGOSH!!!

I love your list!!!
It's fantastic.

I also want to time travel, love lychee, and most of all the rest of your lists!

Sounds like good stuff.

What job did you apply for?

;o)

Scarlett & Viaggiatore