Almost daily diary!

Friday, November 04, 2011

Update

Only 50 days to Christmas (yes really) and Tall Girl is fifteen next week (where did all those years go?) and Small Sprog has a Girl Friend (Big Time). Homework has taken over the house, GCSE's r us. Hours have been spent visiting Ikea recently, which lets face it, is enough to make anyone reach for the gin and I don't even drink gin. And then, suddenly, the other day I had a rare moment of clarity. Yes really, fancy that, I actually felt organised, just for a moment. The feeling didn't last long but the small pleasure of the feeling remains. And no, I haven't already written all my Christmas cards, Tall Girl forbids the early onset of Christmas until after her birthday, but I have sorted out Tall Girls room. A total revamp. She loves it and so do I. Everything now has a place, I wonder how long it will stay that way?

As for Small Sprog, his Girl Friend is in Luurrve with him, I'm not sure if it is mutual, he's not letting on. Apparently she has 'I love Small Sprog' written all up her arm most days on her return form school. Or so her (very young) mum says. Over the half term break we took her out for a day trip (she's a lovely girl), after a conversation with her mother who let me know in no uncertain terms, that she was brought up a 'Good Catholic Girl'. Gosh, I thought, I had never considered Small Sprog as a candidate for corruption.... but then again!


13 comments:

Maggie May said...

Goodness me! Things are changing fast. It is all rather lovely, isn't it?
You've been doing a big clear up too. So pleased Tall Girl likes her room.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Steve said...

Life sounds rather sweet at the moment for all of you... I'm very pleased to hear it. Long may it continue.

Elizabeth said...

Gosh, you sound so much more cheerful than when I first started following your blog!
Happy Weekend.....

Jennysmith said...

Lovely, Sub. Sounds like your life is really on track now.

Gosh! Fifteen! Can't believe it. Hope birthday goes well. Write about it when you can.

xxxxxx

Suburbia said...

Yes, life is good :-)

Looking for Blue Sky said...

Best of luck with the GCSEs. Glad that all is well x

Furtheron said...

Sounds familier... daughter 16 in a couple of weeks, son trying to get research placement somewhere near the North bloody Pole!!! GCSEs, boyfriend's joining the army, Ikea - managed an in and out in less than 20 mins, you can plan so well via their internet to check all is in stock and what bin / aisle you need ;-)

Life - bit bloody quick at times... must dash ;-)

BS5 Blogger said...

Small Sprog will have it all sussed out and he'll be ready for all situations! Really glad for your moments from clarity x

Word verification 'tonico' to go with your gin!

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see your post come up in my blog roll. Yea they do grow up quickly. Where does the time go?

nick said...

So she stressed that her daughter was a Good Catholic Girl. Goodness, what's she implying about you and Small Sprog? That you're two lunatic tearaways and absolutely anything could happen to her unblemished offspring?

Liz Hinds said...

they are growing up! Small Sprog is too wise to give his heart away freely methinks.

Suburbia said...

Indeed Nick!

Rose said...

Nothing like reorganizing and sprucing up a room to make you feel good! I used to do that to youngest Daughter's room every so often, but in her case that mainly meant filling up garbage bags and the laundry hampers:) Hope Tall Girl has a wonderful birthday!

I haven't even thought about Christmas yet...