Almost daily diary!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Mellow Small Sprog

Small Sprog was his usual animated self at the dinner table last Thursday night. "You need to be calm" He said to his sister "like we were in REP." (Religious Education and Philosophy)
"What did you do in REP then?" I asked him, so he went on to describe how they took their shoes off when they entered the class, sprayed something on their hands - apparently the lemon scented one was the best-   and took 5 deep breaths before working calmly through the lesson. "Wow!" I exclaimed, thinking that the teacher was quite brave trying to get a whole class of 12 year olds to take that seriously. "Did everyone do it properly?" I asked.
"Yes" he replied "Even George the Gypsy"!
"Really?" Now that was impressive!

7 comments:

Steve said...

Aromatherapy at school? Now I really do feel old.

Maggie May said...

Anything to keep them calm......
Was wondering about George the gypsy! I'm intrigued.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

nick said...

You've lost me. Who's George the Gypsy?

Rob-bear said...

That is awesome and creative. It would be nice to know what else went with that little bit of activity.

And as nick asked, who is George?

Furtheron said...

I should try this at some of the board meetings I have at work - with people who really are far too old and wise enough not to behave like 12 year olds!

Suburbia said...

Exactly! Who is Gypsy George?! Small Sorog has never mentioned him before but it seems quite a legendary sort if title!

Anonymous said...

Too cool! I want to hear more about GG (Gypsy George). Fascinated by Gypsies. It is my very, very guilty reality tv watch.