Almost daily diary!

Monday, March 08, 2010

Not there quite yet but soon.

Sorry I'm not visiting much at the moment. It has been a manic few days. I have spent the weekend moving furniture from various places, Mums mostly, and then beds from 2 different friends who have kindly donated to my cause, loads of stashed goodies from BS5 and elsewhere, finishing off with picking up 2 new mattresses. This coming Friday I have a removal company booked to move me out of suburbia. Only 3 more days to spend here, after nearly 9 years of being in this house. I never really liked it when we moved in, I will not mind shutting the door for the last time.

I have spent all day here alone boxing things up. I forgot how much you can collect over the years. It should be mandatory to move every year or so, just so you have a good clear out! It has been a happy but exhausting day, and I have worked flat out. It feels so good to pack up my favourite things and imagine them in a new home. I feel as though I should be sad, but I can't muster any other emotion but gladness.

Oh, apart from annoyance that I can't get an Internet connection to my new home for 3 or 4 weeks. I'll miss you!

14 comments:

Lia said...

I have all this to come and soon when we pack up and move.
You are inspiring me to start, as like you I have spend 13 yrs in a house I never wanted to move to in the first place, have never liked it here and can't wait to go.

It's exciting and you sound very upbeat about it all. I hope you are getting a lot of help.
Much love
Lia
xx

Saz said...

firdst the internet...l too cant have the net until fater 13th april or later...so l have a £5 a month dongle from my mobile hne provider...works ususing my obile # an dits immediate...

what is going to happen to your name..are you going to change like l have just done..l can help you organise that if you like....

my cbt lady today told me l wasnt mourning or weepy, because maybe just maybe l had started the leaving process a few years ago...l havent cried once this month....well not because of the split...

tALk soon l hope...sending you many virtual hugs to help sustain you...and send me a list of needs...and check out your local freecycle...l have found some treasures that have saved me £££


luv you lots

sazx

MissKris said...

Here's hoping when you shut the door for the last time, the good Lord will open a new window for you and help ease you into your 'new' life.

Jean said...

Great stuff. You won't regret it. It will feel SO GOOD to have your own things and your children around you somewhere that you have chosen for yourself and without HIM there to intimidate you.

(When I moved out of "home", I hired a large van and several friends and had to wait around the corner, hiding until my ex had gone away for the weekend. Then I went in and took everything that was mine, including most of the furniture. It caused quite a rumpus and I wouldn't recommend it. Doing it your way is much more civilised.)

nick said...

Glad the move-in is progressing well. And good that you're feeling gladness and not sadness, that's an excellent sign! How do we all accumulate so much junk? Jenny and I try to throw out as much as we buy, but even so when we moved last year there was still a small mountain of trashables!

Steve said...

No internet access for a month! Aaargh! I wouldn't be able to cope with that. But... on the bright side; the pay off makes it all worth while. A new home. Your own space. Hmm. Worth a month away from the WWW!

Brett said...

Good luck.

Furtheron said...

Good luck with it all.

Regarding internet - my son bought one of those plug in via the mobile network things whilst his broadband was being sorted out.

It was good enough for email and a few things. I think he got some prepay deal so that it didn't run up some massive bill

Akelamalu said...

Once you're all settled you won't look back! :)

Jennysmith said...

Yes, we're moving on friday - don't know when internet will appear again. We will be together in spirit. Good luck xxx

Lakeland Jo said...

we will wait for you.,.. and McDonald's has free wi-fi. Handy hint

Anonymous said...

4 weeks without internet? Aaaaaaaaaaargh, what will we do without you honey?

Maggie May said...

In a way..... it is exciting starting afresh. Hope all goes well for you.
You will certainly be missed till the internet is fixed.

Maggie X

French Fancy... said...

This is so exciting and I am delighted for you. No internet for a month! I wouldn't be able to cope and would have to move to our local net cafe - although it doesn't serve drinks of any sort (so why do I call it a cafe)?