Almost daily diary!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tuesday nights in suburbia

For the first time ever I am leaving the kids to their own devices for the evening, shocking isn't it?! Not that I'm leaving them but that I haven't done it before. Goodness me, they are certainly old enough to sort themselves out now but, as I only have them for 9 out of 14 nights I always try to be in when they are so that we can be together. However as they've grown older we do all seem to end up in different rooms or at least on different screens.

So when I saw the counselling course advertised I decided they'd be ok and went for it. And they are ok, so it seems, especially as every other week they are not with me on a Tuesday evening.

The course is going well so far and I'm loving the love there between us all as a group.

Last night I left the kids with written instructions for dinner and left them to it, reminding TG not to let her brother just forget to eat! When I arrived home the kitchen was relatively tidy and meals had definitely been consumed. "How was dinner?" I asked TG
"We had a great time" she replied "we danced together in the kitchen while we waited for it to cook"

Wow! That made me a very happy mummy...

6 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Maybe you feel like a lioness whose cubs have hunted for the first time. Although it has to be said that lions rarely dance...

Looking for Blue Sky said...

That's a lovely picture you've just painted in my head :) Great that your kids are so close xx

Rob-bear said...

WOW! So many successes in a single event. I would conclude that some things are going very well!

Hooray for MumSub!

blessings and Bear hugs, too!

BS5 Blogger said...

Kitchen dancing passed on :-)

nick said...

That's very enterprising, doing a counselling course. Hope it continues to go well. Does that involve someone counselling you at some stage?

I sometimes dance while the meal's cooking as well. It's good fun and good exercise.

Rose said...

It's always worrisome leaving them alone for the first time, but it sounds like they handled it very well and had a great time. Hope all is well with you.