So these are for you. Thanks so much. Although if you are feeling a bit queasy because of the smell then don't worry, I've left the windows open and I'm sure one of the suggestions above will work sooner or later!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
I love this bloggy thing!
My Internet connection crashed again today. Bugger. Although it was sunny here and much too nice to be indoors anyway, but it did mean I couldn't check my comments until this evening. Eventually, when I was reconnected, I opened my blog and dah-dahhhhhhhhh! Lots of helpful comments about how to get the smell of sick out of the carpet! I just laughed my socks off.
So I thought I would share some of the suggestions with you and Tall Girls thoughts on the matter.
1. Vinegar (Tall Girl thought CHIPS!)
2. Vinegar and water (CHIPS AGAIN)
3. Something industrial strength! (I thought I might ask for this in our local shop that sells everything. "Do you have some industrial de-vomiter?" I might say and do you know I bet they would have some!)
4. Good luck! (I'm fresh out of that!)
5. Carpet cleaner (If only I had some, I'm sure I had some once, I think it's just at the back of the......)
6. Baking soda mixed into a paste with water (Tall Girl likes mixing and was keen on this one)
7. Bicarbonate of soda in warm water sponged on the carpet (Tall girl suggested we mix the soda with number 1. It would make a great eruption if nothing else!)
8. An enzyme cleaner from the pet store, if it gets out cat pee , it'll get out vomit smell!! (Might keep the nits at bay too if she gets them again)
9.Febreeze or some soapy stuff. (Tried it. The trouble is the sweet smell of the Febreeze doesn't completely mask the sick smell. It's a bit like putting deodorant on already sweaty armpits!)
But this was my favourite from Peter:
10. And about the carpet smell (he wrote)- all I could suggest would be to get a new carpet! Or as my dad would do - cut around the smelly bit and then replace it with some spare, original carpet!
I'd love to meet his dad!
Thank you all so much for taking the time to comment and not just about the smelly situation but also all the supportive comments about Small Sprogs education. I love this bloggy thing.
Posted by Suburbia at Sunday, July 13, 2008