Almost daily diary!

Monday, July 07, 2008

Camping in France Part 2 (Part 1 was yesterday)!

During the same holiday I had another 'incident' of the bathroom variety! I think it was even on the same campsite.

It was early evening and I needed a pee, so off I trotted to the toilet block. The facilities were not up to much, cleanliness wise and they saw a fair amount of traffic but at least they weren't the hole in the ground version! The floor in the whole block was a bit wet and one likes to think, at these times, that the floor is wet because someone has just been in to clean it. However, you're never really sure, but needs must so I popped into a cubical (I knew I was OK this time because there was a door!)

I was wearing an 'all in one' outfit! Well, we are talking about the 80's here. My mother would call it a 'jumpsuit', an odd expression I've always thought, but hopefully you get the picture.

As all women know, we do our best NOT to put bums on seats. Hovering was the order of the day. The 'jumpsuit' was button through and so I had to undo the thing from the neck down to get it off, take my arms out and then pull it down, as you would trousers. It's at times like these when you realise that being a victim of fashion is not at all practical in certain circumstances! I was now, more or less, without clothes except for my outfit which was somewhere around my knees.

Another problem was that, because of the wet floor, I had to hold my clothes up at about knee height while squatting so that none of it dangled on the floor! I think you may have the picture now and not a pretty one at that. Well, at least the door had a lock (at least there was a door) so I was fairly safe in there.

By this time I was just about ready to do what I'd come in for when, just at the crucial moment, a bloody great dragonfly flew over the top of the cubical door and down the leg of my outfit! I think I screamed, probably very loudly and I must admit this bit is fairly hazy, probably due to the trauma! All I can really remember is being conscious that I didn't have enough hands. I needed both of them to keep my clothes from dropping on the wet floor and I needed a spare one to retrieve the loudly buzzing insect from somewhere underneath my pants! To this day I can't remember how I did it. In fact I may have passed out with panic, only to be rescued, in my nakedness, by some passer by who was alerted by the screaming! I really can't tell you. But I do know that I'm not that keen on being anywhere in the vicinity of large buzzing insects, clothed or unclothed (me not the insects), and that that's not easy when you have a Small Sprog for a son.

15 comments:

Susan said...

Wow~you do seem to have unusual "sit"uations with bathrooms. Don't I recall that your daughter also have bathroom adventures?

BS5 Blogger said...

Hi Monday Sub'!

I totally see the point in your story about this situation and then having Small Sprog for a son. That was funny!

I wonder if the Dragon Fly has blogged about this somewhere in France, with a nod to his own 80s fashion sense?

Maggie May said...

I have just read part one and two and thought they were extremely good posts. I enjoyed reading them. The dragonfly in your pants was hilarious! Thanks for the helpful comment on my blog. I did reply to it!

Anonymous said...

I know it's evil to say, but that is just too funny! *giggle giggle*

I can't imagine what it would feel like to be naked, with a jumpsuit around your ankles, being held up by one hand while the other furiously searches for a dragonfly, all the while trying not to pee! *hee hee*

Great! Thanks for posting that - needed a bit of a giggle!
Peter

Suburbia said...

Hi Susan, well, Tall Girl is just scared of getting locked in! (I've never told her the dragonfly story incase that just turns into a nother worry!

BS5 I'm not completely sure but last time I looked.......dragonflies don't wear clothes.

Maggie I'm just off now to read your reply!

Hi Peter, glad to be of service!!

Akelamalu said...

I have so been there with the jumpsuit scenario but thankfully no dragonfly! :)

Kitty said...

A dragonfly in your pants? :-O Now that earns kudos! x

blogthatmama said...

What colour was the jumpsuit? - I had a mint green sleeveless one. I looked like a sack of potatoes but I was trying to look like the short one in Bananarama, no dragonflies on me!

Jules said...

Okay, I know I shouldn't laugh (cough, cough) but that is way too funny.
So that was YOU screaming in the bathroom next to me. My, my. You do have a lovely and expressive vocabulary. LOL

Jules said...

Oh, and I'm back to say..... TAG....... you're it....... if you'd like.

Come and visit........ bring tea and I'll put out the chocolate. :)

holly said...

jules did not end the tag with 'pththththth'. fail.

but i won't penalize her because i liked her execution of the UU.

and i already typed a comment, but firefox crashed (googletalk's fault) somewhere in the process, so if i have two comments here, i'm sorry. i don't know.

anyway. i think i was saying something about ew on the dragonflies. it was really really clever, i'm certain. but more funny than clever. probably. and if it *did* make it through but *wasn't* funny? yeah, it got corrupted.

Rose said...

Did I forget to leave a comment? I know I read this last night...my memory is going.

This is why I never liked jumpsuits! This reminds me of the time my daughter went camping last year. She came home with a sprained ankle--it seems a raccoon interrupted her in the middle of relieving herself:)

MissKris said...

I don't know why, but I think of camping being pretty much exclusive to Americans. Out trekking thru the wilderness, slapping at mosquitoes and flies, and roughing it in a tent out in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, that's how Dear Hubby and I camp, with deer and antelope and free-range cattle all around us out in the middle of the desert. One time as a child, while camping near Mt. Rainier in Washington State, we even had a black bear come rummaging in our campsite. Ah well. Memories. Gotta run and start my day. Hope yours is a good one, too, 'Burb...tho in your neck of the woods it's already half over!

MissKris said...

Oh, and I forgot to say our "bathroom" out there is squatting over a hole dug in the sand, haha! And hoping a rattlesnake doesn't bite us on the bum in the process.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I laughed my socks off. Sorry you couldn't access my blog. Mail me at psychobobo.googlemail.com to get readership access after Saturday night.

H
xx