Almost daily diary!

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Part 3 and Tall Girls return!

Mum texted me Monday night to see if it was a good time to ring and tell me the result. She will not ring here at home in case Husband answers. Neither will my natural father. This makes me feel a little isolated, although Mums texting skills are well honed, my Dad can't do that at all!

Anyway, Husband was home so I took the phone upstairs and phoned her back. She had undergone the procedure which she said was very painful, poor thing. When you love someone it is easier to cope with pain yourself than knowing your loved one is enduring it.

The surgeon took away a polyp and there was some inflamed tissue but there was no sign of cancerous growth. That was such a relief, it is so easy to fear the worst especially when you are told by the Doctor that this might be the case.

So, we can breath easy again I think. She says there will be no biopsy on the polyp. I'm not sure I believe her, I will continue to wonder if she is telling me the whole truth for sometime, but if that is how she wants to deal with things, for now, I am happy to go along with it. I don't think I can keep up that level of worry for long. And so for now, I am happy to go with the flow.

I have just spoken to her. She seems to have recovered well. She has just booked a holiday with her friend. Situation normal.

Tall girl is back from school camp. She is safe, happy, tired and full of news. It is lovely to have her home. I was so happy to pick her up from school. On the way home in the car, after chattering nonstop, she drew breath and asked what Small Sprog and I had been up to. I was astonished. (It feels like an age since she left on Monday, I've certainly been on a bit of a roller coaster since then) How lovely of her to ask, she is maturing almost before my eyes.

Saying that though, Small Sprog has been a star this week. I'll save that story for tomorrow, but I am very proud of him.

Husband has just returned home. He has been chatting to Tall Girl for ages now about her time away. He hasn't acknowledged Small Sprog at all yet. I hope Small Sprog hasn't noticed.

13 comments:

cheshire wife said...

Good news about your mother. If you have ups and downs to cope with you are more appreciative when life runs smoothly.

Maggie May said...

That is a great relief for every one. So pleased.

Things are difficult with not being able to take calls in case husband answers.

Rose said...

So glad to hear the results were negative! Best wishes for your Mum's continued good health. I would say you have been on a roller coaster lately! I hope things return to normal for you soon...make that, better than normal.

Fi from Four Paws and Whiskers said...

So pleased for you -
expect it will make you appreciate your mum more than ever :)

Steve said...

So glad to hear it was good news - what a nightmare few days for you all!

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I'm very glad to hear that your mum is okay.
Glad also, to hear that Tall Girl is home and Small Sprog was up to lots of good while she was away. It's funny what some time apart will do for siblings. ;o)

HUGS!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Great news, what a relief. Enjoy the respite.

Saz said...

breathe again, no bad news. I think she is telling you the truth surely.

take care, worry wart!

Carol said...

Oh I am so pleased that the results have come back and it's not anything nasty!! You must be so relieved!!

and Yay for Tall Girl coming home with loads of lovely news and for Small Sprog being such a star :-)

C x

nick said...

Glad it turned out to be a false alarm. But it doesn't help having all the phone subterfuge to avoid husband!

Furtheron said...

What good news.

Eternal Worrier said...

I’m so glad your mum is ok. Too many things to deal with at once!!!

Liz Hinds said...

Fantastic news about your mum. I'm so pleased.