Almost daily diary!

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Awards and stuff..........

Small Sprog had a house full of girls yesterday! However he spent his afternoon building castles, well you have to get your priorities right don't you? I am apparently not up to scratch on the castle building front, so we battled instead. At least he can always beat me. He beats me at Mario Kart too, damn it!

On the other hand, Tall Girl and her friends were ensconced on the double bed in the attic for the afternoon, snuggled in duvets, watching this . Her first Chick flick! I wish I'd taken a picture of them, they looked so cute together!

Yesterday, the second day of 2009, was a very good one.

Also.....

....I have been awarded these!

Thank you so much Saz

I am completely thrilled with them, especially the top one because it's so pretty.

Saz says......I'm awarding THE SOULFUL AWARD to the bloggers I find particularly insightful, original, humorous, inspiring and yes soulful!
The online Dictionary definition of soulful is - full of or expressing deep emotion
The Thesaurus offered up these synonyms - ardent, deep, expressive, feeling, fiery, fervid, impassioned, meaningful, moving, passionate, stirred, stirring, tender, touching
I'm sure you get the drift ...

The friendship one speaks for itself I think.

So, I have to pass both on to five people I love to read. So here goes....

For friendship....

BS5

Kitty

Rose

Liz

And lastly Jen (Who always makes me laugh!)

Soulful Bloggers award........

365 to 42

Nuts in May

Scarlett

Hulla and Bobo (both of whom are sometimes very soulful)

xxx

11 comments:

BS5 Blogger said...

Hello Sub,

Thank you for the nod to BS5 :)

You are in a very sunny frame of mind!

BS5 Blogger said...

PS: Glad to see Small Sprog had a sensible day of castle building and avoided chic flicks; sensible little chap.

Maggie May said...

Thanks Suburbia! I love it and am really pleased that I have a soul! I guessed I had.
Son will be back on Monday & will put it in my thingummy award slide show!
Really do appreciate it!

XXYXX said...

Awwww thank you Suburbia, we can SOMETIMES be very soulful, yet at other times rather soulfool.

Nice to see you sunny side up today.

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you!

XXYXX said...

Awww thank you for our sometimes soulful award ;))).

Jennysmith said...

Bless you, Suburbia, am greatly honoured and will always treasure it. So lucky to have found a friend like you.

do i have to pass it on to anyone? xxxxx

Kitty said...

Hi Burby - thank you so much for passing the lovely friends award my way. That means a lot to me. I very much think of you as one of my bloggy chums too.

Hope you're having a good weekend. x

Rose said...

Building castles sounds like fun, though I doubt I'd be very good at it. I would like to be the fair maiden in the tower who gets rescued by the handsome knight:)

Congratulations on your awards; you are well-deserving of both! And thank you so much for the award; I will display it proudly.

cheshire wife said...

Congratulations on the awards.

Your posts are so tantalising. Glad you had a good day for a change.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Thank you so much!

I love it!

You are such a very thoughtful friend.

~HUGS~

Scarlett & Viaggiatore