Almost daily diary!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pudding

On the way home from school, Small Sprog decided he was going to make pudding tonight. It was his own recipe.
"I need ice cream" He says.
That's a surprise!
"And biscuits, and those cherries you keep in the cupboard"
"OK" I sigh. Sometimes, when I'm tired, I haven't always got the strength to be enthusiastic about having him (at his most excitable) in the kitchen. However I agreed to him assembling pudding partly because I thought, by the time we ate, he would have forgotten all about it! I was wrong. No sooner had he finished his dinner than he was up and rushing to the freezer. I tell him that I don't think I'm ready for pudding yet and he looks suddenly crestfallen. It is funny how he gets these things into his head and I can't bare to disappoint him. "OK then, just a small portion for me" I sooth, and off he goes into the kitchen to 'create'. It's all in the presentation for him. He takes ages arranging things.

Finally it is done. It's title, 'A Cherry On Top', consisted of a biscuit base, with ice cream balanced on top and a cherry on top of that, all covered in small pieces of chocolate. You can see that the healthy eating message form school is upper most in his mind!
Tall Girl and I ate it with much appreciation. Tall Girl commented on the delicious outcome. "It took me ages to mash up the chocolate" he sighed as he wiped his brow. It's a hard life as a Master Chief.

PS. While I was writing this I had to ask him the title of his creation as I had forgotten. "You're not blogging that are you mum?" He shouts. How well he knows me!

19 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds yummy
I'll enjoy some in cyber space.
Hail to the chef!

XXYXX said...

Awww, that's too deliciously sweet. The loveliness of boys is so underrated. Slugs and snails and puppy dog tails, rubbish!

Saz said...

of course you're not!!!! hee hee....sounds like he wants to spoil you and have some fun...kids are very intuitive, or is that his tummy talking??

Eternal Worrier said...

Sounds like Fridge Cake, and I love Fridge Cake!

BS5 Blogger said...

Is he a Heston B or a Raymond Blanc?

Nice post!

Maggie May said...

That sounds absolutely delicious! I wouldn't mind him making my puddings! LOL

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

oh I am really liking Small Sprog, I have said this before, he is should be Prime Minister, he would be so much fun!

Letty ;0)

oooops sorry, tired tonight and forgot until I went to post I was logged in as my dog, well he is a blog reader too I guess!

Rose said...

Yummm, sounds delicious! I like anything with a cherry on top:)

I like Elizabeth's pun, too:)

Lakeland Jo said...

bless him. Encourage this though-soon he will be making meals!!

Suburbia said...

BS5, Heston is a bit too technical for SS maybe in the future......

Jo, hopefully!

Maggie, you can't have him, he's all mine (for a while!)

Saz, tummy talking I suspect.

Bobo, I think you are just a little biased?!

Kitty said...

Awwww, that's lovely. Had to laugh about him asking you about your blogging it - my two now regularly either (a) ask if I'm going to blog it, or (b) say 'don't you dare write about it on the blog!' x

Tim Atkinson said...

It must've been the night for making puddings, as Sally decided she was going to make - cringe - Angel Delight after supper yesterday. Not as ambitious as SS's effort, but tasty all the same!

Anonymous said...

Tch tch, a master chef would never say "It took me ages to mash the chocolate". They would breeze in casually with the perfect concoction on a gleaming silver tray and say "It was nothing. I just threw a few things together." Though on second thoughts, being a small boy, he probably did throw a few things as well.

Liz Hinds said...

Any interest in cooking is to be encouraged! Tell him he needs to practise hard if he is going to be as rich as Jamie oliver. Or is he doing it to impress his numerous friends of the female persuasion?

Salute said...

Yummy, sounds tasty.

Jennysmith said...

No, i know what you mean, sometimes its the last thing you want to do nearing the end of the day. I don't know about you but i find the school run incredibly draining as it is.

Yes, my Son is enthusiastic about cooking too.

I've tagged you but don't worry if you don't feel up to it.

have been thinking of you

your friend Jenny xxxx

Ladybird World Mother said...

Oh that is just so gorgeous... loved the thought of him being so exhausted with all that cooking! Bless him. Must introduce mine to instant puddings like that... although your little one would not appreciate it being thought Instant. X

Mean Mom said...

Sounds delicious! You have to take advantage of this phase! It won't last forever!

Saz said...

Actually Sub, I believe that breathing is synomynous with HOPE...so you are ok...and l always keep some in reserve, so here's some here for you...

after your visit merisi left me this..l'll share it with you babe!

deep breath now..

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all"

Emily Dickinson
(the whole poem can be found here.

A salute to hope!


love (and hope) Saz X