Almost daily diary!

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The last few days...



My friend and I talked things over. It was good to talk.

On Monday I handed in my notice for one of my jobs. I feel I can no longer cope. I still travel the 90 miles round trip to see Mum when I finish work. She thinks it does me good to sit and do nothing at her house. In reality it adds to the stress, too much to do, not enough time. I leave her at 7.15 in order to get to my book club at 8.15. My last task of the day. I really don't feel like going but my lovely friends have arranged it on a night that I am child free, so I feel I should attend. When I finally get home it is passed 10pm. I had left the house before 8am. I am shattered and know this is all the last straw.

The stress has reached my digestive system. Over the weekend I feel sick, can't eat, and when I do it doesn't stay long in my system. I phone the Doctor again and she signs me off work. It is a relief. I have used the time to sleep these last two days, I have slept between school runs and again at night. I am hungry for sleep.

Today I found out that I have lost the house I wanted to buy. Not a surprise really.

On the plus side I have a court date now, a week today. Several months too late! Maybe soon I can get on with my life. If the spring would just get on and arrive, perhaps things would look much better!

How has your week been so far?


7 comments:

Maggie May said...

I am sorry that your weekend has been full of stress with only a few hours of good things squashed between.
I am pleased that the court hearing will be soon and then, as you say, you can get on with your life and there will be another house..... though you have lost the one you really wanted.
I believe you are putting things in order even though you don't realise it.. Keep trekking.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

nick said...

A big shame about the lost house, but excellent that you have a court date soon. I hope it's productive. Glad you had such a good chat with your friend.

Mothers try hard to understand their grown-up kids but they never quite get it. They're well-meaning but sometimes far from helpful.

Steve said...

Keep going - sometimes life has nice things waiting around the corner!

Furtheron said...

Better than yours it appears - I'm lucky.

If the stress is getting to you physically you have to do something to help.

Bad news on the house front but something else I feel sure will show up. At least you have the court date, just consider that another significant step forward.

Akelamalu said...

Obviously you weren't meant to have that house. Your house is just waiting until you get things sorted. Trust the Universe. x

Saz said...

similar to yours hun....
but I live in hope that my mummy free 6 day stretch may be er...how shall l say

enjoyable on several levels!!


luv saz x

this is my patch said...

Just read this post! Glad you returned to your Dr. Glad you have some time off work. You need it. x