Almost daily diary!

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Small Sprogs derision!

I have managed to get a job done that has been bothering me for ages. It is always a relief to get things done that are haunting you, in this case my filing! I had a sort of system, it was called 'Putting all the stuff into one drawer and forgetting it'! It worked quite well in as much as I knew where everything was, it just took an age to find one piece of paper in the midst of hundreds.

Anyway I took the bull by the horns one evening and started to put neat piles on the carpet all around me. Small Sprog was watching TV and could see me from the sitting room.

After a while curiosity got the better of him. He looked about. I had more or less emptied the drawer and the piles were strewn across the landing and up the stairs. 'What are you doing?' He asked in his best disdainful voice.
'My filing' I said to him 'I'm having a tidy up'.
He surveyed the chaos. 'And how's that going for you?' He replied.
Cheeky little ******!


8 comments:

Maggie May said...

I'm afraid that I've been doing the same....... chucking all my paperwork, letters, receipts etc in one drawer. I will have to have a mammoth clear up and I'm dreading it.
Hope yours will soon be put in the place where its supposed to be put.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Saz said...

Brilliant! l do the same bi- monthly when the drawer gets full or I need a piece of paper I think l have but not sure where it is, the filing/paper drawer!

very satisfying when completed l have to say!

luv saz x

Miss Sadie said...

One of Small Sprog's truly endearing qualities is his simple earnestness combined with a "down to earth" manner.

Full marks again, lad!

Steve said...

When they get the hang of sarcasm, that's when you know you're beat. ;-)

Valerie said...

It's a job I hate to start but once started I enjoy doing it. Thanks for reminding me that my filing needs to be done.

this is my patch said...

That's so funny. He will go into management! x

Furtheron said...

I love Small Sprog - I'm sure if you put all his observations on life in a book you'd sell millions.

mrsnesbitt said...

yep! Can identify with your system! When one drawer fills another one opens! lol! Loved the comment!