Almost daily diary!

Friday, April 13, 2012

A Stinky Cat Post

Yes he may look like 'butter wouldn't melt' but there's
 cat nagging in there like you wouldn't believe!
Stinkey cat is miffed. He doesn't like it if I have a night away even though my lovely neighbours come in to feed, check and give him a cuddle. When I come home he complains, big time. He doesn't shut up bending my ear for days after, it's cruelty to humans this constant cat nagging and he won't leave me alone, like a little shadow he trots around after me. I might as well have got myself a dog! I am still doing penance for last Easter weekend even though it's now Friday again.

Last night I go upstairs to get ready to go out. I make sure I have a little lie on the bed with him first and give him a cootch around his ears and he smiles that cat smile - insincere? Who knows?

The minute I get up from the bed he's on the alert. I look at him. Eye contact is always a mistake; he miaows. I try to avoid his eyes as I move around the bedroom getting ready to go out. As I walk past him to go into the bathroom he complains again. "You really aren't that endearing at all" I say to him as I reach for my perfume. I come back into the room to find he has disappeared (he can do this completely silently, like the Cheshire Cat) it is almost a relief, there's only so many insults a proud cat can take I think to myself.

I pick up my things and walk out onto the landing, there he is ready to ambush...

7 comments:

Steve said...

Cats are in charge. That's just the way it is. Don't fight it.

Maggie May said...

He looks like a little panda, the way he is lying.

The wrath of a cat is not to be dismissed lightly!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Rob-bear said...

Dogs have owners; cats have staff. You're right; you should have bought a dog. Iaina

Liz Hinds said...

I'm with Rob-bear on this one! Good luck with the guilt.

Rose said...

Cats and dogs are good at laying on guilt trips:)

nick said...

One of the neighbourhood cats used to pester us relentlessly to be let in to our house for a little nose around. But her constant demands for attention and carpet-clawing meant we had to be ruthless and keep her out despite all those plaintive stares.

Jennysmith said...

He's beautiful x